“Look at every path closely and deliberately, then ask ourselves this crucial question: Does this path have a heart? If it does, then the path is good. If it doesn't, it is of no use.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Goodbye my friend ....

“Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.”
~Pope Paul VI

Sometimes, the days feel long; but in reality, life is short. We complain every day about meaningless things that, in the end, lead to nothing. How will I leave this world? Will I leave the world a better place or will I be just another complainer?

Death of friends and family changes you. It makes you reflect on your life. What legacy do I want to leave? What will be said in my eulogy? How will my children remember me? When it is time to go, I hope I am ready. I hope I do not feel as if I have left unfinished business or work to be done.

Have a safe trip my friend. We will not forget you. Please continue to watch over the babies in death as you did in life. You will be missed.
dying is fine)but Death

?o
baby
i

wouldn't like

Death if Death
were
good:for

when(instead of stopping to think)you

begin to feel of it,dying
's miraculous
why?be

cause dying is

perfectly natural;perfectly
putting
it mildly lively(but

Death

is strictly
scientific
& artificial &

evil & legal)

we thank thee
god
almighty for dying
(forgive us,o life!the sin of Death

E.E. Cummings
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
~Mahatma Gandhi

3 comments:

make mine trauma said...

Sorry for your loss.

Midwife with a Knife said...

I am very sorry for your loss.

Chrysalis said...

I don't know how I missed this post. I always keep track of you. I am sorry there has been a loss in your circle. I love the quotes you choose for your posts.