“Look at every path closely and deliberately, then ask ourselves this crucial question: Does this path have a heart? If it does, then the path is good. If it doesn't, it is of no use.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Orthopaedic residency: the attending's perspective - First Post

Welcome to my first post,

I would first like to make the statement that these opinions are my own opinions and not those of my institution or my department.

Introduction:
My name is Aki Puryear. I am a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon in St. Louis, MO.

Background:
College - Case Western Reserve University
Medical School - Case Western Reserve University
Residency - University of Michigan
Fellowship - A.I. duPont Hospital for Children

OK, enough with the formalities. My sole purpose of beginning this blog is to provide a opportunity for medical students and residents to gain information in regards to:
1. getting into residency, the application, and interview process for the medical students;
2. particular residency questions (fellowships etc.) for the residents.

I would like people to feel free to ask questions and provide comments. Please provide these without the fear of repercussions. This is for information gathering and to hopefully dispel myths and untruths passed down from student to student and resident to resident.

Let the fun begin.

No comments: